SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollycrist

Kitchen Gutted ~ Time to Make Final Decisions... Advice, please!

Molly Crist
5 years ago

Hello! My kitchen is gutted and I am *about* to make final decisions and I'd love as much input as possible. For reference, my husband and I are 30 and recently moved into a 1950's cape cod on his family's orchard where he works. We are here for the long haul and LOVE to cook (I used to own a gourmet food truck) so we want a super functional and large kitchen. I'm better at cooking than design... the cabinet company I'm using is super helpful but I'd also love some other design and layout input. Note we're going for a modern farmhouse look as we're in the middle of the orchard.

Here are kitchen renderings and I've made notes on them. Kitchen Renderings

Thoughts on layout?

Now in terms of design, where I really struggle... here's what I'm considering but I'd love input.

CABINETS ~ Omega Cabinetry rain, see here

ISLAND CABINETS ~ Omega Cabinetry sage stain on cherry see here

BACKSPLASH ~ Planning a white tile subway brick background with some texture and hints of grey, like this

COUNTERTOPS ~ White quartz with grey squiggles, exact one not chosen // planning bar to have spalted maple wood slab countertop made by a local artisan and a matching shelf above

FLOORS ~ wood floor, light stain

APPLIANCES ~ fridge & dishwasher left Stainless

HARDWARE ~ TBD

SINK ~ white apron

HOOD ~ We will enclose in plaster and trim with wood, similar to this

RANGE ~ Our focal point. Planning BlueStar RNB series 48" but really stuck on color because the cabinetry color is hard to match. I want something timeless but I want a fun pop of color that gives the kitchen character and depth Here are some contenders, or of course... Stainless

Pigeon Blue

Mustard

Grey

Thanks so much!!!

Molly

Comments (8)