SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Home from Philly Phood Phrenzy

susie_que
13 years ago

Hi all....I want to start out by saying I apologize that I was unable to find anyone after we split.

I didn't not get the chance to say goodbye...we walked around the market a few times but we were unable to see anyone so its my hope that you all continued on.

I was a tad frustrated since my cell had no reception...oh well. So we did out last bit of shopping and went home.

The day was fun!!

My guest and I arrived to find Teresa waiting. She is just so sweet and charming. We chatted for awhile until Pam, Alex and Ruthanna arrived.

Its so nice to meet new friends who kinda know everything about you!!

We started out going up and down the aisles...it was early and it was not too crowded. There has been some changes since I was last there yet some of the regular shops were still there.

I picked up some toffee pecans and 3 types of fudge at the candy store...I will let the ladies post what they each bought...I also got 3 types of cheese speads including pimento cheese, cheddar ranch cheese and habanero cheese. Prob make some bagel chips to eat with the spreads.

Some herb cheese stuffed pepper shooters...they just looked good so why not.

After lunch we shopped some more. I picked up some spicy smoked sausage, some fresh tortillas and salsa, some cannolli from termini bros (they ran out of carrot cake so I will get something else to take into work) and last I went back to the spice marlet and got a host of spices.

Now for lunch we decided that each of us would go take on the market and get "something" that caught our eye and share it with everyone. I took Ruthanna's advice and got the pork sammy with italian pulled pork, roasted pepper, broccoli rabe and provelone cheese. It was really good. I also brought back some black eye pea soup, beer battered onion rings and peirogis...add that to what the others brought back and it was a FEAST...or ah PHEAST!!

During lunch Lou and LPink arrived.

We ate and talked and ate and talked yadda yadda yadda.

After lunch we went shopping again and I lost touch with the group. It was getting VERY crowded and my guest was getting a bit tired...he said he would have loved to shop more but the crowds were a bit too much.

We walked around outside for a while and went in one more time but I had no luck finding anyone so we headed back to the ranch...he is taking a nap now the poor thing LOL!!

I saw a LOT of Phillies red as it got later so its my guess a lot of folks were in town to shop before the game of even shop to take to the game----go phils!!

All in all it was so nice to get together and see old friends and meet new ones!!

Thanks for including me!!

Still stuffed!!

Susie

Comments (4)