SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Help wanted: games room furniture placement

ontariomom
12 years ago

Hi all,

We are in the process of building an addition. The house is mostly framed in, and the builders will be framing the basement next. Of course, we also need to decide where the basement plumbing will go, followed closely by electrical. We realize if we can firm up where all the furniture and games will be placed it will help guide our other decisions.

Below you will find our first choice for furniture placement. The TV location was hard to work out, but after trial and error we concluded it might be best against the wall along the stairs (perhaps with DVD, Xbox etc. stored under the stairs). The stage that you will see in the corner will be for the boys Rock Band equipment (drums, guitars, etc). My daughter will also use it I am sure, as she is very dramatic. The stage also allows a step up to reach the egress window in case of fire exit. The area marked "bar" is really more of a counter to snack at. I figured if we put comfy swivel bar stools the kids might just eat their snacks at the counter (rather than over the couch) especially since it will allow them to view the TV (or swivel around and watch a ping pong game).

Would you be so kind as to look over our furniture placement and tell us what adjustments need to be made?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Carol

Comments (6)