SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
symantha_kae

Furniture Placement in Living Room - Help Needed

Symantha Kae
6 years ago

I am in need of figuring out a new layout for my living room. This room measures 15 ' x 17' with wood flooring. It does not have much in it, but what is in it is almost all around the perimeter and I honestly can't stand to look at it. We don't use the room as often as we do the family room, but I would I would like it to be a more cozy, inviting space. My boys do play video games and have friends over and they do hang out in there. So, some details on the contents of the room: There are 2 couches - an 8 ' and a 6'. There are also 2 bookshelves that stand together with a total width of about 4' that I currently have in a corner, but can move pretty much anywhere if needed. There is a coffee table, but I am looking to replace it. We also have a 55" flat screen that currently

sits on a low entertainment unit. Unfortunately, we are unable to run a cable jack on the wall with the windows, so the tv needs to go on one of the other walls. I do not have any photos to post, but drew up a quick floor plan online. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Comments (7)