SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Paint too matchy matchy with rug? pics

Pipdog
13 years ago

Hello GWs,

I found this site so helpful when we were working on our kitchen that I'm back for some advice and input on decorating our living space.

Before we moved in we painted our living and dining room RH's Pumice. We thought it was a light grey but in the house it reads as a cool light blue. After months of searching, we finally found a rug to go with our furniture. The rug is a blue with hints of sage green with cream swirls. My concern is that the wall color might be too much with the rug.

The space is also open to the dining room, and we have a sage green reclaimed wood table. I'm afraid Pumice doesn't really complement the furniture in their either but am at a loss as to what color would work best in there. I'd like to keep the color in the living/dining room uniform since they are open to each other.

Can anyone weigh in on the wall color and perhaps suggest other options? I don't want to go darker since the space doesn't receive a lot of natural light.

We still don't have artwork or lamps, but here's the space, partially decorated:

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for looking!!

Comments (25)