SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hapnor_gw

Talk to me about Restoration Hardware Leather

hapnor
13 years ago

This was posted over in furniture - but everyone in this forum is so knowledgeable as well!

Am 99% sure I will be purchasing the Maxwell Leather couch and 2 armchairs. At the store, the floor model in Brompton Cocoa leather which is oh so soft and vintage looking which I LOOOVE, but it scratches so easy- a light fingernail touch will put a scratch.

Has anyone gotten Brompton Cocoa with dogs who lay claim to the couch? If so, how does it handle scratches? I realize that choosing the Brompton Cocoa, that type of leather (waxed/oiled) is "distressed" and "vintage" and should consider the OVERALL look of the piece.

Does anyone have a RH leather couch (Maxwell or not) that is in ANOTHER leather other than Brompton Cocoa that would like to throw in their two cents? (We are considering the glove or cognac -which doesn?t mark as easily)

I have Leather furniture now, (Lane) with two Shih-Tzu's who get up, get down constantly with no scratches or issues. Obviously the quality of the leather is way different and lower, but it's amazing how well the couch stands up to my boys.

Comments (6)