SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Kitchen Remodel Pics Work In Progress

suseyb
13 years ago

Since I'm waiting for new cabinet estimates for our kitchen, I thought I would post some pics of what we had and where we are at. Our house flooded due to Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hermine. Two fronts settled right over our house and the creek behind the back of the house just couldn't handle that much rain so quickly. Around 2 1/2 feet of creek water invaded the house. We had moved in about 3 1/2 month prior to this. I knew that I wanted to redo the kitchen at some point. I had no idea I would have the opportunity to do it so soon. LOL

This is the kitchen from the pics on the internet before we purchased it. My only pantry was a two door wooden shelf set up at the far left.

A similar view with creek sludge all over the floor. That's a LG dw that I never want to see again as it never did work. Those two upper cabinets were the only full sized uppers I had.

The other bank of cabinets after the lowers were destroyed.

This is the Blanco sink that is going back into the kitchen. It sat outside for months.

We repurposed the old dining room into a master bathroom, master closet and pantry. Here is the pantry framed out.

Looking from the entry of the house into the kitchen. I got rid of the wall that used to house the second bank of cabinets and added the wall that you are looking at. It opened up the room a ton.

Our plumber re-ran a bunch of the plumbing so that things would work better. My husband like the PEX.

This is the blue pearl granite that was taken out. It's a miracle that only one small piece was broken. We've repurposed this into the girls' bathrooms.

This is my current kitchen sink. The frig sits to the right of it. I have a peninsula set up behind this to mimic how the countertops will go once we have a kitchen.

It's a start, and we've been in this same place for over two months. I'm really looking forward to having a kitchen, and thought for sure we would have one by now, but we don't. I'm really, really looking forward to the estimates from the cabinet guys so we can decide on one and move forward. This is the last big thing to do in the house and then we can work on the small stuff.

Susie

Comments (3)