SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twinkletoesmomma

Need help with neutral paint color

twinkletoesmomma
15 years ago

I am in the process of planning my kitchen renovation, and I'd like to get some ideas on colors. I am planning on having a very light summery feel--an elegant farmhouse style. I will have white cabinets (Kraftmaid dove white), natural maple wood floors, black leathered finished granite, and bright white trim. The kitchen is a north facing room, so not much natural sunlight although it does have a large open doorway that opens up to our family room which is a south facing room with tons of light. The family room furnature is a light khaki color. I have a brick fireplace in here as well with a black woodstove insert and a dark chocolate brown area rug.

I want the kitchen to look really peaceful and soothing--not dramatic with color at all. Many of my inspirational pictures show just white walls. I feel like I need a little variation since it is a huge eat in kitchen, and I don't just want white on the walls near the table (and I don't like to mix and match paint colors).

I am thinking a light khaki would be the best choice, but I can't seem to find one that isn't too yellowy or greenish or greyish. I only have walmart, lowes, and home depot within an hour of me, so it will have to be a paint color from one of those stores.

Do you all think a light khaki/tan would be the way to go so it blends with the white giving it an almost monochromatic feel? will it look too washed out with the light floors?

thanks

Comments (3)