SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

Grocery lists on smartphones

loves2cook4six
13 years ago

So a post in kitchens made me think of this.

DH does most of the grocery shopping in our home. I do about 15% of it.

This has replaced writing it on a pad which ended up awful because no one would throw away the page till every little bit was used up and it's impossible to see what you need when the page is full of scratched out chicken scrawl (we all have horrible writing- lol). Half the time we would find we didn't/couldn't find everything on the list at one store so half the list was crossed out and put back OR NOT. It was a nightmare and we were fighting about it a lot.

Then I discovered ourgroceries for smartphones. I finally convinced dh that if he loaded just ONE app onto his blackberry, it should be this one and he now couldn't live without it.

It is a cross platform app so works on my Droid, dh's BB and dd's iPhone.

We also have a computer in the kitchen so whenever anyone uses the last of something they simply go to ourgroceries.com, which is a link right on the dock although you could bookmark it as well, and enter what they want. It's so simple, even my 6 yr old niece can do it.

Ourgroceries syncs between all the phones and the computer. If one of us is at the store, someone else can add to the list as the shopper is shopping for those last minute items you find you forgot. You can also watch each item being crossed off as it is purchased.

We also added extra 'shopping lists' for todo's in the house like change the lightbulb, fix the screen etc, and for errands.

Best thing since sliced bread AND IT'S FREE and I don't know who created it but they are GENIUS.

Comments (7)