SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Some smartphone-buying advice, pls?

pammyfay
8 years ago

I use a flip-phone (a pay-as-I-go) -- and that's been fine for me, so far. I don't have the need to check online when I'm out and about. I use it just for family phone calls and for safety reasons when I'm driving.

But because of my job, there will be a handful of instances coming up next month when I'll need to be able to receive texts in a much more timely way than my flip-phone registers them (the work security system has my phone #, and I request a security code to log in). Last week, the code came about 30 minutes after I requested it, which is not a workable thing. A tech person at work suggested that my flip-phone connection is the problem. I'll be talking to a tech person today to find out if I can get a smartphone from her (the company issues them to employees with a need for them, and I think I can make a good argument for myself).

In the meantime... there's just so much info on the web about choosing a smartphone (and I haven't even started to figure out anything about carriers).

Where do I even start? Any warnings? Any mistakes that you'll be sure not to make again?

Comments (6)