SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Help: Your ideal bev/bar layout if small area? Advice pls...?

akcorcoran
11 years ago

We have a 79" wall for a wet bar - and I'm struggling with how to best use that space. (There is a sink on the other side, so that's good.) It is really doubling as a butler's pantry area so I don't want to lose ALL the undercounter space to appliances.

We drink wine and entertain quite a bit; hubby drinks bottled beer. Do mixed drinks when we entertain but not planning our whole world around it. We are not wine connoisseurs - we pretty much drink what we buy.

So, options we've identified are:

1) Use the wet bar to do wine and mixed drinks, store beer elsewhere. SO, that would be a dual-temp (?) 24" wine cooler and 15" ice maker in the bev center undercounted, then a bev center for beer / soda, likely under the island in the kitchen?

2) I lean away from one single 24" that does wine and beverages/beer b/c you end up with not a lot of either, so some sort of dual/french door/modular option that does both beer and wine but is less than 36" - If we have this and an ice machine, we really kill the storage undercounter which is less than ideal? But maybe better for entertaining b/c beer and soda all together?

3) The spendy option: Go with a GE Monogram 30" Fully-Integrated Wine Refridgerator (top), freezer/ice machine drawer (eliminates ice machine,) and then the convertible drawer on the bottom (beer/soda/mixers.) Leaves about 40" left in the whole wet bar area.

I'm sort of desperate to make this decision and losing my mind over the options so I'd love to hear from you?

Do you suggest having it all together?

Or does anyone have the beer/bev separated from the wine and suggest/prefer it?

More counter/less counter?

Attaching one option (though we're taking out the red wine grid) - next will be plan with the GE Monogram?

Please - I'd welcome your help! Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)