SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

cleaning out or reorganizing freezer??

anoriginal
13 years ago

Unless you're Martha S or some other TV cooking personality, thinking you may have same problem I have... not enough freezer space. I TRY to keep it relatively organized but eventually it gets away from me and I have to excavate!

Yesterday I did a reorganization of my bottom freezer. Luckily, I vac seal just about everything so don't find things freezer burned beyond recognition. Hauled over a little stool, so didn't have to sit on the floor, and just pulled EVERYTHING out into my laundry basket. Didn't find any real surprises, except that I have enough CHICKEN to start a chicken farm!?! Bone-in/skin-on breasts ( about 4-5) and numerous 1 serving packages of cutlets/tenders/breasts.

As I type, have a meatloaf in oven from a few things I pulled out of freezer. Bought a package of "sandwich steaks" a few weeks ago... not crazy about them cuz end product was kinda tough/dry... froze what I didn't initially cook... couldn't see just throwing away!?! Found 2 small "filet mignon" that came from a whole filet at a meat place that advertised rediculously low prices. Well, as they say, ya get what you pay for. Meat was NOT bad... just NOT my idea of filet mignon. Coarsely chunked both meats and ground in food processor.

Problem is... know I'll have left-overs... more stuff for freezer!! Have to absolutely FORBID myself from buying any more chicken, no matter how good the price, until I put a serious dent in what I already have!

Is your freezer like this?

Comments (24)