SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Reorganized my Baking Center storage containers

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

My jars weren't working for me so I went to 19 cup sized Lock N Lock storage containers for my flours/sugars. I tend to work directly out of the drawer, and it was just too hard measuring things from my square jars as the opening wasn't quite big enough to dip the measuring cup into the container without spilling. I think I'm going to like them, although the sizes I needed were a little hard to find! I only wish I had room in my drawer for one more so I could squeeze the cake flour in with all the rest, but oh well...

I changed containers for White/Brown/Powdered sugars, and All purpose/Bread/White Whole Wheat flour. Now I need to figure out what to use my vintage square jars for, since I like them well enough to keep them although not for this purpose any more. I'm open to suggestions! I have already grouped cookie cutters into some glass containers, so that's covered. It looks like I'll be cleaning out some more drawers. Isn't it funny how tackling one area creates chaos for something else?

What are you using for flour/sugar storage? Is it working for you?

Comments (7)