SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mw9456a

Linen Closet Clean-out

mw9456a
13 years ago

In light of the recent children's medicine recalls (McNeil Labs), I decided to do a major cleanout of our 2 linen closets in our house. We moved back into our house last August after a 6 month renovation, but I was in such a rush (I had a 3 month old!), that I literally tossed things into the linen closets with little thought and no organization. 10 months later, it was a DISASTER!

align="right" />

After being stuck at home with a slightly sick but sleepy baby on Tuesday, I found inspiration to clean these closets out, and I am SO happy I did. I found a bunch of expired medications and beauty products which I trashed, products that I no longer wanted (or likely never needed in the first place) which I gave away to friends, and several recalled medications for which I requestd refunds on the McNeil labs site.

Fortunately I have the Elfa closet systems in all of my closets so it was easy to reorganize the shelves to make my baskets and bins fit. I love this system.

Voila! Clean linen closets and I can find things and my hubby won't ask me why he cannot find the new shaving cream (I found FIVE cans in there).

Loads of pics on my blog - http://www.houseography.net

I am always looking for new organizational tools so let me know what makes your linen closet (or wherever you keep your bathroom stuff) an organized place.

align="right" />

Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: HOUSEography.net

Comments (12)