SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Easy Creamy Unbaked Refrigerator Dessert

canarybird01
16 years ago

The other day at our neighbourhood Austrian restaurant, the owner, Teresa brought us a sample of her homemade fridge dessert which was creamy and delicious! I pictured it on the WFD thread and Michelle asked if I could find out how it was made.....and so I did, cornering Teresa and getting as much as I could from her. Talk about an easy dessert....but as she doesn't measure....I'm passing on the rather vague amounts. I don't think it matters a bit as you can't really make a mistake with this one. I'm going to try it out but using Oreo cookies!!

Creamy Refrigerator Dessert

whipping cream....about 1 quart (1 liter)

(fresh cheese) .... about 1 lb (2 pkgs of 250 grams each)

ladyfinger biscuits

pineapple juice ....a little

lemon juice ....a little

sugar.......2 TBS

vanilla......to taste

loaf pan

tin foil to line pan

1. Place ladyfingers on a large plate and sprinkle with a mixture of lemon and pineapple juices......just enough to give them some flavour.

2. Whip cream and quark together, adding sugar and vanilla.

Line loaf pan with tin foil and spread a layer of the whipped mixture.

3. Add a layer of ladyfingers, pointing all in the same direction......add more of the cream mixture.

4. Add another layer of ladyfingers, this time arranging them at a 45 degree angle to the first (lattice style).

5. Add more whipped mixture and ladyfingers as in step 3. Continue alternating for total of three or four layers. Top with the rest of the whipped mixture.

6. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or longer: 8 hours or more.

7. Unmold carefully by turning upside down onto long plate or platter and slice crosswise.

Courtesy of Teresa of "Tiroler Alm Restaurant"

Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife.

SharonCb

Comments (13)