SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

My tip of the day

debo_2006
13 years ago

I accidentally posed this in the "Kitchen Table" forum so I'm re-posting here where it was meant...

I posted last week about a Mid-century Danish table on CL. The table was shown from a "not lit" hallway and appeared in good condition other then a few minor wear marks, so I offered $65 (orig. $89). She was hesitant but countered at $70. Then, looking more closely, I noticed several black Sharpie marks (how'd I miss them?). So, I countered back to $65. She took it.

I researched on the Internet how to remove marker from a finished table. There were plenty of options that probably would ruin the finish, but not the one I tried:

Eraser, not any eraser. As an artist I have gentle erasers, not like a pencil eraser. I rubbed those black spots until they looked like part of the wood grain - took 5 minutes and the finish was not lifted at all. I polished with Old English Furn Polish and the table looks fabulous...as was the price.

These are the CL pics which are now deleted as a refresher, not my polished pics:

Comments (9)