SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliza_824

Paint help for entryway/dining area/ bonus room

eliza_824
15 years ago

We are in the process of building our new home and I am already brainstorming paint colors. To "paint" a picture for you (pardon the pun), this is what I need help with:

You walk in our front door (entryway) and directly to the right is our dining room, which is open, only divided by archways. Directly to the left is our "bonus" room, which will be used for homeschooling/playroom (this room will have double doors that can be closed off- not as "open"). Directly in front of you, you will see our livingroom/kitchen (open floor plan). I am planning on going with creamy white/ivory kitchen cabinets, and a khaki/green/gray on the walls throughout the kitchen and living room. I'm thinking of maybe doing a shade lighter of the color used in the kitchen/living for the entryway and halls. What about doing a chocolate brown in the dining area, and a soft cool neutral blue-green (any SW or BM suggestions, please!!!) for the "bonus" room. Would that look good? I like the earth tones, with red accents, but kind of want a serene color for the "bonus" room-- but nothing that clashes. I also thought of doing chocolate brown (BM Middlebury Brown) in the entryway, dark red (BM Maple Leaf Red) in the dining room, but if I did those colors, what color would I do for the "bonus" room?????? Please help! I love using color in my home-- don't want to do all "beige". Oh, and I do plan on doing a creamy white/ivory trim throughout the house.

Comment (1)