SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teacats_gw

Just In the Door: House Beautiful: The Home Book

teacats
15 years ago

Fresh in the door on a lovely afternoon -- a hardcover decor book from the folks at House Beautiful magazine -- "House Beautiful: The Home Book" by Carol Spier. We had been discussing the magazine here -- so I thought I'd mention this book .....

Its new (published in late 2008 by Hearst/Sterling) and this is a BIG book with 464 pages and 500 color photos!

So -- there is a LOT of eye-candy AND information too. Naturally many of the photos are from the magazine -- and many of them have been featured in blogs throughout the blogosphere but I've spotted new (to me!) ones too!

Written in three parts: One: Understand Your Home; Two: Elements of Design; and Three: Design, Room by Room. Lots of quotes and ideas from designers PLUS lots of extras on colors and choices for almost anything for your home.

And believe me -- it covers the whole range of styles, shapes, colors etc.! So there may be something in this one for most of wonderful group here!

Bought mine at Amazon -- of course.

Brewing tea and slicing up a fresh pound cake -- and settling in for a good long, long look and read .....

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor