SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestlawn

Signs of a stroke

bestlawn
16 years ago

Saw this on a TV commercial and wanted to share the common signs of a stroke.

The sudden onset of.......

Vision Problems

Headache

Weakness

Trouble Speaking

Dizziness

More information here. Link also includes additional signs women are likely to experience. I know we've discussed this before, but it caught my attention so I thought I'd better share. Important to always be aware.

A few years ago, my mom was talking to her best friend on the phone one afternoon. In the course of conversation, mom asked Rose for her sister's phone number, but Rose couldn't speak it. She started making a joke of it and then admitted she was not able to recite her sister's number. She was coherent in all other respects, as you can see she chuckled at herself. She stated, "I know the number, but I cannot say it. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it." Mom asked Rose if she felt okay and Rose replied, "I'm not scared." Mom immediately called 911 for her and contacted Rose's husband, who was away from home at the time. He made it home before the ambulance arrived and took Rose to the hospital. She'd had a minor stroke and was able to fully recover without lasting affects for the most part.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert