SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Who Here Has Vertigo/Need Good Thoughts for Sister

Cherryfizz
15 years ago

I've been sicker than a dog since Tuesday morning with vertigo. I was fine when I woke up Tuesday morning but within an hour as I let the dog out I started to swoop and could barely get to a chair to sit down. What a horrible feeling! I suffered vertigo in January for a more than a week after I fell but it went away.

I suffered, not moving until my brother showed up and I sent him to the store to buy x-strength Tylenol and Graval for nausea. I also took anti vertigo medicine I had on hand from a previous episode which worked quickly but my head still felt funny.

I made up a bed on the couch because I couldn't lie down flat on my bed without everything swirling around me. I took a Graval about 3 am and slept until 2pm Wednesday afternoon.

I woke up Wednesday feeling with pressure in my head but no vertigo until I bent down to put the garbage in the big outside the back door. Oh boy. I took another anti vertigo pill and some Tylenol but I had to make sure I ate something first.

I checked myself on both days for signs of stroke but the only thing I had was the dizziness. I was hesitant to call my sister and ask her questions about vertigo because she is going through a bad time right now. After 20 or so years of being cancer free she was told she has to come in for the results of her mammogram on Friday. She couldn't wait that long without freaking out so she called the Cancer Clinic where she had the mammo and they told her they found a mass in each breast. Anyways, I did end up calling her and she thinks it might be my sinus's causing the vertigo.

Even when I was a child I spend most of my childhood feeling dizzy all the time. I had ear problems constantly and my Doctor used to make me take Dristan to dry up the fluid. Beacuse I retained so much fluid due to not perspiring and because of the fluid in my ears I have been taking a diuretic since I was 13 years old. That is why my sister feels it is my sinuses causing me to feel the way I do.

I feel okay right now as I write this but I have been pretty still not moving around. I feel some pressure in my head along the sides and the front and do feel a little stuffy. I don't think I will be able to lie down on my bed again so the couch it is.

If it the vertigo doesn't ease up by Friday I will go see my Doctor.

What causes your vertigo and how do you treat it?

Also my Sister Marjorie is asking for some KT power and to be put on the prayer lists of those who pray. She has said prayers for many of you here who have suffered cancer like she has. She asked me to do this and to say Thank You.

Anne

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals