SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Prayers needed !! My sister has breast cancer.

figara
14 years ago

I did not expect to start such a post but you never know what life has in store for you...

A week ago I found out that my sister has breast cancer. She had a mammogram 2 month ago and the results were negative!!! About 3 weeks ago she found a lump in her breast and turned out to be cancer.

In the same time I had my scare too. We are not twins but a lot of things happened in the same day!!. Same day she went for biopsy I had my mammogram (the appt was made 2 month prior) . Same day she got her results back from biopsy ( positive for cancer) I got a call from radiology that I have to go and take more films and have a breast sonogram (ultrasound) . Same day she had her appointment with the surgeon and oncologist I had my appointment for more films and ultrasound. Mine turned out to be a cyst :-) We both have problems with our left breast!!!! What a coincidence. Even if we wanted to arrange the appointments in the same days would have been probably impossible. She lives on the est coast and I live on the west coast.

It is very hard to coop with the news. It is a very sensitive issue for us. Our father died 10 years ago from a liver cancer who was discovered too late and he died in 7 month. The sad think is that my sister's lump could be seen on the mammogram film but the doctor missed it.

Carmen (my sister) will have her surgery on the 17th. On the 10th I'll fly to Boston to be with her and I'll come back on the 18th at 10 pm. Next day on the 19th I'll have a knee surgery I postpone it from 11/12 just to be with Carmen for a few days. My other sister will stay with her after I leave. I wish I could postpone my surgery for a later day but I couldn't . Besides I want to be well and able to walk in case Carmen needs chemo or radiations. I pray that her cancer is not spread. They will only know after the surgery. I pray that I'll come back home safe and my surgery will go smooth.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Thank you.

Pat

Comments (17)