SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coolmama_gw

what would you do???

coolmama
17 years ago

My husband got into an arguement with his daughter(she is 14) who doesnt live with us because she only ever calls to ask him for money.Never,how are you,I miss you,I'd like to get together...

Just,dad,I need 20 dollars.

So,she hasnt called him literally ALL year long.Then,a week before Christmas she calls to ask when he was sending her presents.

Well,because she hasnt called all year,we didnt get her any presents. My husband has other daughters who live in another state very far away,and they manage to call him at least once a week just to chat.We dont feel like we should get this other daughter presents when it's obvious she doesnt really want a relationship with my husband.

he has tried everything to have a relationship with her.He called her all the time and it sounded like he was playing 20 questions cuz she always only gave one word anwsers.

We have asked her to come over on vacations and she says she has other plans (and her mom tells us she doesnt)

Just wondering what anyone else would do if this was your kid and treated you like this?

My husband is irratated and he says he plans on telling her that he loves her,and if she wants a relationship then he's willing to give her one,but to stop looking at him like he's nothing more then Bank of America or daddy worbucks.

We dont have that much money as is,so we spent our hard earned money on presents for people who actually show that they care.

Comments (43)

Sponsored