SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plum82

Torquay is AMAZING!

Jaime
12 years ago

I've been reading the forums here for a few months now, and have rarely posted...as a little back story, my husband and I purchased my grandmother's house back in November. We knew it was a complete fixer, but we like that in a house. After emptying the place out, I am truthfully amazed that my grandmother is still alive. She lives in assisted living now, but seeing the copious amounts of animal waste and dead mice, I'm honestly shocked that she's still amongst the living. Yikes.

We have pretty much been weekend warriors, working on it when we have time. With DH working a demanding job, and me being a stay at home mom to my 3 & 5 year olds, time is somewhat scarce. We have finally reached the stage where we're putting everything back together. There's still a LOT of work to do, but it's slowly but surely coming along.

We had the 80 year old original oak floors refinished, installed white painted maple Diamond cabinets, and just yesterday the Cambria Torquay countertop was installed. I had purchased it based on a 3" x 3" sample, and there is relatively little feedback online about it, so I was nervous...but oh my goodness, there was no need to be. It is beautiful!

There is still waaaay too much to do before I post any pictures of the entire kitchen, and any OTK haters will probably roll their eyes and back away, ha ha...but in all fairness, I had no clue there was such a thing as a "OTK" until hanging out here at GW and by then I had already ordered my materials. I'm still very happy with my choices.

So to make a long story longer, I just wanted to share a quick snapshot of the Torquay, since so many people want to see it, but so few seem to have it.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! :)

Jaime

Comments (42)