SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonshadow_gw

For you Cabinet Coat fans: new product coming soon from Insl-x

moonshadow
17 years ago

Thanks to amyzboyz3 for passing along this info! She emailed me with some questions about applying Cabinet Coat and mentioned she had emailed Insl-X inquiring about dealers and if they would be coming out with any new colors for Cabinet Coat. Here is a copy of the email amyzboyz3 received from Insl-X that she passed on to me:

"Because of the Urethane Resin in the product (the

material that give CC its hard self leveling finish)

the colors are limited to pastel colors. We do have a

new product coming out this spring that will offer

similar results to CC, but will be available in all

colors. Watch for STAINMASTER Paint. It should be

available around April. Thanks again for your

interest.

Frank"

As a huge fan of CC, I have longed for the identical product in black! :) So I'm curious to see what this new product is going to be like. (Sounds like it won't be quite as self-leveling, which is my favorite characteristic of CC.) Nothing comes up at Insl-x website yet, but after googling I found a dealer in Florida that's advertising it in their "what's new" section. (See link below).

Oh, wait, I found one more. This dealer in Maryland is advertising it. Although the can has the Insl-X logo, it appears to be somehow tied into Dupont's Stainmaster? (Both dealers tout its stain resistance, but the dealer in Maryland makes reference to it having 'the same lasting beauty as your carpet'.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Stainmaster paint

Comments (7)