SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimster_gw

Cheesecake Varieties

jimster
13 years ago

Lindy's cheesecake was, as far back as I can remember, the quintessential "New York style" cheesecake. It's that style I think of whenever I think of cheesecake. However, in another thread, I learned that a type called by some "custard type" cheesecake is being made by several CFers. At first, I thought it was just a minor variation in recipes. The more I found out about it, the more I started to realize it is apparently a distinctly different kind and I've never eaten it. After a little searching, I find that there are several other types of cheesecake. Now I am curious about the different varieties, who is making them, what type is customary in your household, what you consider the attributes of a good cheesecake, how you get those attributes in your cheesecakes, etc.

I need to mention ricotta pie, which I guess is a variety of cheesecake. I ate it only once, many years ago, and still remember it. A cousin married a man whose family lived in New Jersey. His Italian mother made ricotta pie for us during her visit. It was like nothing ever made in my family and I liked it a lot. Gee, I could find recipe and make a ricotta pie if I wanted to, couldn't I? LOL

So, proceed with your cheesecake stories please.

Jim

Comments (55)