SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

More prayers please

lilliepad
16 years ago

DD (age 44) fell off her horse two weeks ago.Well,actually the saddle slipped and she went over the horse's front shoulder and hit the back of her head on a metal rail fence.Didn't knock her out but she said she saw stars for a few seconds.She also hurt her arm (this is the mom to the DGS that broke his arm climbing over the fence last month) but it wasn't broken or anything,just bruised.She did go to the doctor and had it checked and X-rayed and there wasn't a concussion or anything.

He gave her pain pills for the arm pain and muscle relaxers because her neck was hurting.She rode the horse this past weekend,(I told her she was crazy!LOL)then Monday her neck started hurting really bad.She noticed that it was swollen more so she took a muscle relaxer and it helped a little.Then the next day it was hurting really bad so she called the doctor and he told her to come in and let him look at it,which she did.He seemed to think it was just a bad bruise as there wasn't anything that concerned him in the X-rays.She reminded him that the fence she hit was metal and that she hit it really hard and could it possibly be something fractured or maybe a disc broken and did he need to do an MRI.He told her again that he thought it was just a bad bruise and to keep using the heating pad and the medications,but if it wasn't better in a couple of days to call him.I just talked to her and she said she was in so much pain last night and today that she was ready to put herself out of her misery!LOL And the pills were doing nothing for it.So she called the doctor today and they are setting up an MRI appointment for her,but it will probably be next week.They are suppose to call her tomorrow and let her know.She has Scoliosis really bad and has always had back,hip and neck problems because of that and I'm sure it isn't helping the neck problem.This has been a really hard year for her and her family.Her DH has been working in PA and living in their travel trailer for a little over a year now and she has been in OK taking care of everything on the home front.

So,any prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm