SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

Epi (wheat stalk) bread (pics)

stacy3
15 years ago

Hi! We had a busy weekend - the most gorgeous fall weekend/full moon - warm weather - crisp cool but not cold nights and Sunday we had an outdoor movie with a few neighborhood families - and also dinner. We had planned it in advance and thought soup would be a good theme in October, where we could have actually grilled! But the soup was wonderful - made by my neighbor - as well as a great salad. she does the best salads.

I brought the bloody mary/shrimp shots posted here - and I made creme brulee for dessert. Also bread for the soups. I decided to make the wheat stalk bread in the artisan bread in 5 minutes book - there are some great instructions online, as well...and you all know how I need detailed instructions - LOL! It's very cute and also allows you to just break off a hunk rather than slicing it. I used some recent instructions posted that say to bake at 475 degrees - the result was fabulous. I can't wait to make more. My shapes weren't perfectly "wheat stalk"-y - but no one cared...:-)

This is a pic from earlier in the summer to show the movie night setup - we have them in our neighbor's lawn (they have a slight incline which is great for the kids to put their sleeping bags on to watch...

- this pic cracks me up, as you can see our house in the background and Sammy's eyes glowing in the dark in the window on the landing...She is usually out there with us, but I'm guessing when I snapped this picture maybe Scott went in the house for a few minutes for something (and she followed) and there was Sam, jealously watching out the window...:-)

Comments (8)