SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliet3_gw

Pls Help Me Decide bet. AC Saucepan or Casserole

juliet3
14 years ago

I am looking to buy an All-Clad stainless pot, either the 4 qt. saucepan (with helper loop), or the 4 qt. casserole pot. To my surprise, the dimensions, other than the handles, are identical, 4-11/16" deep x 8" diameter. I will be using it to reheat things, make small amounts of sauce (I otherwise have a big Le Creuset dutch oven for making Sunday meat sauce and the like), small batch of pasta, mash potatoes and other miscellaneous. I am the type of cook who likes to start with sauteeing chopped onions in the pot for just about everything!

I'm taking price out of the decision, since they're only about $15 different. So, the only thing I can think of to differentiate these two pots is perhaps storage? I.e. the saucepan's longer handle may take up more room, but I have other saucepans, and I sorta fan out the various handles to get them to fit, so the storage isn't really so much of an issue. Can any of you experts tell me why one would choose one or the other of these pots? Are they for different purposes? Or will certain things cook better in one pot than the other? Thank you.

AC Stainless 4qt. Saucepan with Loop

AC Stainless 4qt. Casserole

Comments (5)