SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coffeebreak

Food Storage in Base & Uppers - No Pantry

coffeebreak
13 years ago

This should be an easy, no brainer question, but for some reason, the answer is eluding me. Right now, we have a tall pantry where you open the doors and the slide-outs hold the food. I am designing (with your guidance) a kitchen in a condo, that in the most recent rendition, does not have room for a tall pantry. So the food will be held in upper and base cabinets. Most likely, the base cabinets will be 30" deep and the uppers will be 15" deep. The question is... how would you design the cabinets to hold the dry food? Would you rather have a drawer stack of three or four drawers? Would you rather have a single door to open for slide outs? How about two doors to open for slide outs?

Currently, I have 40" allocated in width for food storage. Here is the most recent layout:

So... I currently use a 36" drawer stack for pot/pans (lower two) and utensils (top drawer). I find that drawer to be quite large. I am having a hard time envisioning an even wider drawer filled with food.

If anyone has any suggestions, experiences, or photos to share, I sure would love to hear/see them!

Comments (13)