SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackcats13

curiosity wins again

blackcats13
15 years ago

So it's what? A couple weeks until Thanksgiving? And we found out this weekend that DH whole family (3 adults and a kid) will be staying with us that extended weekend. I am happy about that, but there is no way they are staying in the ground-in-dirty guest rooms that we haven't done anything with yet. SO. Several hundred dollars later we've bought all the supplies we need, and gotten a lot of free paint from the paint recycle center. Things need to be moved around, walls need to be prepped, primed and painted. The drywall NEEDS TO BE FINISHED in the kids room. Etc Etc. And we both work full time =D

This evening curiosity won out over the to-do list. The front entrance has gross orange and brown sheet vinyl that is coming up around the edges and cracking. In the area it's coming up the most we saw 2 loose tiles, 1 is a bright pink and 1 is grey. We couldn't stand it anymore, like 2 kids in a candy shop we pulled off the crappy molding and pulled up the sheet vinyl.

WOW!!! Smallish checkerboard pink and grey tiles! Vinyl? Linoleum? Asbestos? =D We were lucky that the sheet vinyl was only glued around the edges, the tile is in nearly perfect condition. This will at least get us through until we can get to the wood floor underneath!

I charged the camera battery for 5 minutes just so I could take pics, but we can't find the card reader, so I'll post those later. Oh the fun of an old house. Almost makes up for having to replace the water heater!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old floor

Comments (7)