SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Kitchen Wall Bump Out....What do you think of estimate?

Buehl
16 years ago

First off, I know it depends on what part of the country you live in and even what state/county/town. However, with the ridiculous stuff I've been going through lately I no longer trust anyone...well, at least not my KD or GC.

We have just received an estimate for the cost of bumping out our kitchen's cooktop wall 6" to allow us to vent to the outside. This wall is 180-1/2" long. Our ceilings are 8' high. It's a simple bump out, nothing fancy. My KD says it doesn't include the niche behind the cooktop so we're talking about a plain wall and leaving it paint-ready.

The estimate is $1,300 and does not include EXPO's markup. This is a verbal estimate so I have not yet seen the written one...nor has my KD. The GC just called her and gave the estimate to her over the phone.

There was talk of putting in a "nail rail" to make hanging the upper cabinets easier...does that make a difference as well? (I think it was called a "nail rail")

Does this sound reasonable or are they yet again inflating the price b/c they don't really want to do all that we want?

We live in the MD/DC/VA area, b/w Baltimore & Frederick.

TIA for all your input! (And see what's finally pushed me over the top on the Kitchen saga thread that I'm going to update next! I feel like a promo for a movie!)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!