SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

What do you think of a wall oven right next to a cooktop?

joann23456
15 years ago

I probably don't have room for a wall oven other than under a cooktop, but I *really* want one. It's #2 on my reasons for wanting to remodel the kitchen. My knees are already shot, and I can't imagine they're going to suddenly get better!

Anyway, the only feasible place I can find for the oven cabinet is right next to the cooktop. There would be only 3-4" between the two, though there would be space on the other side of the cooktop for prep. (I can't move the oven to the other side because there are windows there.)

What do you think of this setup? Does anyone have it and have a picture they can show me? I've seen a couple kitchens like this, and I think it would be okay. Right now, I have an aisle on the side of my range, so I'm used to cooking without standing on that side or allowing pot handles to protrude.

Although I'm pretty much 100% sure I'd be fine with the function of this setup, I'm not so sure about the form. I think it would look a bit cramped not to have some landing space on the other side of the cooktop. I just can't decide if making the space look better is worth losing the function I want.

What do you all think?

Comments (22)