SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deegeegirl

Help! Two questions on primers and C2 Paints, in particular.

deegeegirl
17 years ago

We're building a new house and the drywall was just installed. The guy overseeing the daily onsite stuff in our project said he didn't need our paint decisions for a while. All of a sudden, after lots of delays and slow weeks, things have speeded up. The drywall is finished and the skimcoat was just done.

In midweek, he said they were going to start priming and we said we didn't have color choices finalized but said some of our colors were going to be darker, with darker primer. He said that was OK and the painter knew that. My husband specifically said he didn't want anything to be duplicative. When we went down this Saturday, we discovered the painter had already started and primed everything white. (He was supposed to be working on this through Wednesday but finished up early) He said he never heard we were doing anything that required something other than white primer.

Nearly all of our colors are C2 - do their colors always use tinted primer? Since everything now is white, will all of that have to redone?

Someone lent me a fan deck and I noticed each color has a base - A, M, W and P (I think). What do the base codes mean? I couldn't find anything about it on the website.

Thanks so much.

Comments (21)