SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pmacbee_gw

C2 Paint and BenMoore Together, Any Problem? (Funcolors?)

pmacbee
14 years ago

I'm about to give the builder of our semi-spec house a schedule of paint colors, manufacturers and finishes for the entire house. He usually uses Duron, which I don't love--pretty colors, but not the greatest depth.

I had planned to go with Benjamin Moore throughout, but when she learned I was planning to glaze the walls in the dining room and living room, the design consultant at the paint store suggested I'd get more depth out of C2 Lovo. I'm planning to glaze C2 Torch over C2 Bonjour in the dining room, but in the living room I'm making my own glaze of a combination of pearlescent and metallic paints over BM Stonington Gray. These two rooms flank the (C2 Serene with BM Marscapone trim) entry hall, and will be the only formal, "glam" rooms. I'm very happy with the way the test boards look in the rooms. As you move back and upstairs in the house things become softer, lighter and much more casual. The basement level has accents of brighter, more playful colors with the neutrals. In our lower or shifting light rooms, I'm finding that the C2 white and cream colors don't gray or green out as much as light BM colors, while BM just tends to have better brighter colors. So I have C2 Buffed in a downstairs room accented by BM Poppy, and a kitchen/family room that has walls of C2's pinky cream Awe and BM's Morning Sunshine. I've specified Aura for all the BM colors that are either dark, intense, or in high kid traffic areas, and have said Regal would be great for the rest of the BM colors. (Thoughts on that?)

My question--am I asking for trouble in any way by not sticking to one manufacturer? Are there things I should know about any differences in finish between C2 and BenMoore? Any differences in, say, scrubability between a Regal, Aura or C2 flat paint? Is the contractor going to freak when I hand him a list with two manufactures, three bases, and two finish types? Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments (7)