SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firsthomie_gw

Suggestions for wall color to go well with brown accent wall??

FirstHomie
13 years ago

First time poster here! I've been learning and grabing all sorts of suggestions from all of you on this website since buying my first home! I'm now trying to make this home my own and give it some color. I went out on a bit of a limb and chose a brown for an accent wall (BM Fresh Brew, a rich brown with a definate red undertone). Now...to choose the right paint for the other walls. Eek! I had thought I wanted a yellowy-beige, but now I'm wondering if that's the way to go? My palette is definately more on the warm side. My front room is a great rusty orange (SW Armagnac) and the rug in there has lots of tan, yellow, green, red (Pottery Barn "Adeline" rug http://www.potterybarn.com/products/adeline-rug-multi/?pkey=crugs-blue-green)

I've been looking at SW Ivoire, SW Row House Tan, Pratt & Lambert Indian Ivory, SW Croissant, BM Pittsfield Buff...there are so many colors out there it's exhilarating, yet overwhelming. Any suggestions would be so welcomed!

Here's my accent wall. New fireplace mantel will be same color as trim (walls now are a medium beige)

Image link:

Comment