SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronbre

start the newyear out right

ronbre
14 years ago

first get your calendars..i already have 3 plus a diary...my most important calendar is my huge tear off a month, tight corners, desk calendar..all things that have to be done on another month of the year are tucked neatly under the pages, like Rons July VA appt tucked into July.post it notes to do this or that on their months.

have an appt calendar hanging in kitchen for Ron to write his gotta write down things..birthdays are written on calendars, etc...have a tear off daily calendar i can jot down things on by my puter too.

OK next..if you have a spare check register (if you still use checks like i do, or debit card)..get it out and start a new one on 01-01...file the old one in your tax file.

speaking of files..now is the time to pull out all your receipt files..for utilities and banking save only the Dec receipt and shred all the others..figure out what you need to save for taxes..bundle them in envelopes and put them away in a box for 2009 taxes with all your necessary info from last year..remember things like medical costs and medical mileage.

now get fresh files around for 2010

if you write a budget, get it ready before 2010 so you have it on hand

if you keep a diary, have your fresh one ready to go.

if you are on a weight loss program, weigh and measure yourself this week and record it at the beginning of your diary so you have a record and start fresh..don't worry about resolutions, they are just broken promises..just try to do better..period.

when you take down your holiday stuff..have donation bags to put in things you don't think you want to use next year (esp those hot lights, buy some LED's at after Christmas sales)..outdated styles that are no longer you, etc. Also pop any of the gifts into the bag that you really don't want to keep, i don't care who got them for you..the cologne or lotion that isn't your favorite scent, the christmas sweater (who will know you won't be wearing it again anyway)..any christmas dishes that you just don't need taking up storage space in your house..etc.

if is tis something you'll only use on the holidays do you really want it taking up room in your house?

while you are at it any clothes you really won't ever wear again can go in there and any appliances you really didn't need this year that you thought maybe you might..give them away too.

restock your christmas bags and wrapping at the after holiday sale..wait to do the tape at the back to school sale..(put a post it note on the calendar for August to remember that one)..

remember start this year off ahead of the game..don't wait until March..then you'll just have a mess..

Comments (7)