SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mi_z5

De-cluttering Christmas

Julie_MI_Z5
18 years ago

Today is the day... and you MUST hold me to this!

We put up one Christmas tree last night (we actually have several, because I LOVE Christmas trees) and the tree is bare except for lights.

My goal today is to drag out the multitude of Christmas decoration boxes from the basement storage closet and do a 27-fling boogie... I'm going to get rid of every decorative item that I don't truly love. Im pretty sure I can eliminate one big rubbermaid bin (I would commit to 2, but there's more junk that never made it to a bin).

This includes decluttering all the sit-around knick knacks! I don't have a lot of space to fill with clutter, so I'm keeping only what I love. The nativity collections stay, the Santa stuff goes. I'll have to do this when DH isn't looking. He likes the Santa stuff, I don't. Technically it's "my" stuff, so I can get rid of it if I want! LOL

The junk worth saving is going to be packed up in boxes and taken to the family reunion in June 2006. It's a Christmas theme and they're having an auction. This will be MUCH easier for me than dealing with selling the music boxes on ebay.

I've already said bye-bye to a big metal sleigh that holds those little guest towels in the bathroom. It was in the attic with the Christmas trees. It's cute enough, but we have a sink in the bathroom and no counter! It was a gift, and I've had it 8 years---that's long enough!

YOUR goal for the day is to make sure I do this!!!

Thanks in advance for the moral support!

Comments (14)