SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sloedjinn

Organizing/de cluttering success (please share yours too!)

sloedjinn
9 years ago

I cleaned out and organized the tool box! We live in a small one bedroom condo and don't do diy stuff mostly. So we only have such tools as fit in one smallish toolbox. But it's always been a mess! It was super heavy and the only place we could find to stash it was a high up kitchen cabinet, not much used because of its height. I hated to get it out. It would explode half used sand paper at me when I opened it. It got so bad if I wanted to hang a picture, I used one of those plastic command hook thingees rather than dealing with getting out a hammer.

Well... It turns out I had not one, but four hammers in there. Four flat head screwdrivers all the exact same size. Some tools were broken. One adjustable wrench got rusted so bad it was an in-adjustable wrench.

I donated my extra hammers. Corralled all my loose screws. Cleared out the broken, the duplicates, and the never used. I can now lift my tool box easily over head and into its space in the high cabinet.

What progress have you made lately? I think it's important to share success stories to stay motivated.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022