SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

X-post Can't hide from it any longer....time to de-clutter!

lavender_lass
9 years ago

I've been "playing" at organizing and getting rid of my clutter. A little bit here, a little bit there...but now it's time to get serious.

We are going to be downsizing to a much smaller area (at least temporarily) and I HAVE to get my act together! LOL

My husband is just as bad, but I've decided I will do MY mess first. Maybe he will be inspired (he has gone through a few things already) but we both need to eliminate a good 1/4 to 1/3 of our stuff.

The good thing...we'll be left with what we really use and love, with a lot less junk. And easier to keep organized...and faster to clean.

Now, my biggest challenge...dishes! I do not have a lot of clothes or jewelry, but I do love my dishes. They're pretty, sparkly...a bit of crystal and silver with a collection of lovely china pieces. Where do I go first at Goodwill? Okay, first is furniture (my other passion) but I always end up in dishes!

I seem to be more sentimental about my dishes than almost anything else...that's how I remember my grandmother and other fond memories, more than pictures and mementos. Most of our memories revolve around baking, cooking, dining, cleaning...all involving a wide variety of dishes, pans, mixing bowls, etc. And I only keep the 'good stuff'...maybe I just need to invest in hutches and get rid of other things :)

What's your weakness? Any tips?

Comments (3)