SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bleusblue2

shoe storage

bleusblue2
10 years ago

We have no entry way at all. The door opens and even an 8 inch shelf behind the door is the maximum shelf space. The bookshelf I use for a landing pad just feels bulky. It's a nuisance. There's no place for shoes. Boots can go on the closet floor. The inside of the closet (tiny!) door holds caps and scarves and gloves in a over door shoe hanger -- I don't want shoes hanging there -- it's kind of revolting to have them smack up against the crowded coats, etc. SOOOOooo. Why not H A N G an over door shoe pocket thing on the wall behind the door! I can get somebody to put a couple of screw/bolt things in the wall. Then put up a narrow shelf above -- maybe 5 inches wide and then hang a curtain or something nice on this narrow board to hide the shoes ???? I'd have to work it out but it's the only thing that seems possible. I'd even have the shelf removable because when you want to bring big stuff in here the door has to open all the way and I wouldn't want to have to get a handyman in to take the shelf down! What do you think? Has anybody done this?

Comments (12)