SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Fractions in recipes - is it just my computer?

sally2_gw
14 years ago

I don't know how to word this so that it makes sense, so I hope y'all understand what I'm asking. I've noticed that when I copy and paste a recipe with fractions in which people use some kind of font that has the fraction as one key stroke, (I'm guessing it's one key stroke, as I don't know how they do it) instead of typing out the fraction like 1/2, when I copy and paste the recipe into my word processing application (Appleworks) it shows up as a question mark. I have to go through the recipe and re-type the fractions. As an example, I just copied and pasted Beverlyal's Raw Apple Muffin recipe, and had to re-type the 1/2 cup of canola oil, as the 1/2 in her recipe showed up as a question mark. There's been times when I've been in a hurry I've copied and pasted a recipe from the internet, printed it, went to make the recipe, and only then noticed the recipe full of question marks instead of fractions, so I've had to go back to search for the recipe again so I can write in the correct fractions. I've learned to proof read the recipe now before saving a printing. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sally

Comments (10)