SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

Follow Up: DH birthday dinner

arabellamiller
14 years ago

Thank you all for your kind responses to my post. DH's birthday dinner went off without a hitch. There were 20 of us, and the restaurant staff was phenomenal. They printed up a beautiful menu for our guests with the appetizers, salad, choice of one of three entrees and choice of dessert. The wine flowed very freely, as did the cocktails. Even the seating worked out nicely. Although I didn't have placecards, as guests showed up I was subtly able to seat couples near matches that I thought would work. In hindsight, I'm glad the difficult couple didn't show because I know there would have been some issues with where they were seated, the food, the drinks, something...

After dinner, 4 couples came back to our house and I served a variety of cheeses and savory crackers. I have to go back to the cheese shop I went to again, because the selection the owner gave me was outstanding, but I was in such a rush I just trusted her and didn't really ask about what she gave me. I had a few bowls of mixed nuts, and then candy. Small bowls of dark chocolate m&m's, jelly beans, mike&ikes, etc. Afterall, it was a birthday party.

So, thank you all again for your advice.

AM

Comments (11)