SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
speaktodeek

Kitchen gurus, please help me solve three issues!

speaktodeek
10 years ago

Thank you for your help!

Issue 1: Is there a gizmo or what do you do when range top cooking and you lift a lid to stir a pot, but the lid is dripping sauce. I have been setting aside a full size dinner plate to put the lid on, but sometimes it also has the stir spoon or spatter shield, and the lid won't fit over it when so (sometimes I'm stirring a pot of pasta and a pot of sauce and have two stir spoons on the plate). I'm looking for a nifty solution such as a lid stand that will hold the lid sorta upside down to retain the sauce (on the underside of the lid, that is) while I stir or adjust the pot. If I put the lid upside down on the counter often it tilts due to the knob and spills the sauce or it's too hot to lift back up since the knob is now under the hot lid.

Issue 2: I would love suggestions for a very mobile two step high step for in my small walk-in pantry, so I can easily access very tall shelves. I need something lightweight or foldable that I can move out of the way easily, smaller footprint the better. Pantry available floor space (that which is not impeded by shelves overhead) is about 28 by 44 inches.

Issue 3: After about a week of use, my kitchen sponges start to smell like mildew. I use them to wipe crusty spots on the counter; they are the sort of sponge with cellulose and a layer of plastic scrubby mesh. I do not trust other family members to use a bleaching "pit" as they will slop it and bleach all sorts of other things. Is there a container in which you can put the sponge and nuke it in a MW every night, or what do you do?

There are so many GREAT ideas in this forum, I thought I'd mine your brains for what you do in these three instances, thank you!

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville