SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adobesunlight

New Month (November); New Thread!))

adobesunlight
16 years ago

Hello Everyone! I'm still around and been busy at home the past several days still gathering up donations and tossing lots of "stuff" in the trash. Still can't believe how much space this has all taken up and it's nice to be able to see the furniture underneath for a change. LOL!

This weekend my DH and I are heading to the basement on a search for family photo albums that have been misplaced since we moved here two years ago. Amazing, but true! We have not planned to spend the entire weekend doing this, but while searching, will also be bagging up more "junkola". There is so much that yet needs to be done upstairs, so don't want to get sidetracked with the basement, but these albums have been worrying me for a long time now and don't want to wait until they become damaged by water or "who knows what"? Hope we're not too late...I keep thinking winter is almost here and mice find their way in to stay warm, so......ugh! Another of my fears, but time to face the music I guess.

As far as my accomplishments go...things are still on track however I've reached a point in time now that I do not look at the clock anymore for the "15 minute routine". It's just something that I make a mental note of when I begin to sort and clean. More like a habit! YAY! And another thing---it's never just 15 minutes, but always find that keeping this time frame in mind works wonders because it makes me feel "pressure free". It's funny that every Monday night I watch my husband carrying out bag after bag of trash and have to wonder how just the two of us manage to have that much junk and paper clutter! I mean seriously!!! Years ago when the kids were living at home I can recall one or two bags per week going out, so this is just a reminder of how much money and time has been wasted by accumulating stuff we don't need!

I am now more cautious as to what we bring into our home. Yesterday my sister and I went out to run errands and stopped for lunch and while out she presented me with a gift------A beautiful poster of sunflowers! I will have this print framed and hung in the dining room most likely, but when I do this something else will be leaving our house as an exchange. I no longer feel that I have to hang onto the old and that change does a heart good! Someone else posted here about tossing out old and replacing it with new more exciting pieces! It's fun and refreshing=) Right now I'm still at the point to where I do not want to begin "replacing" items yet. We still have too much that needs to go out or be given away to someone else. After we are finished with the weeding out process then I can begin to focus on redecorating, so shopping for new items is on hold, however receiving lovely gifts like this is energizing and exciting.

Today's plans-----1. toss out another 10 items or more, 2. spruce up the kitchen (outward appearance only), 3. clear off the computer desk and wipe everything down, 4. clean out the sock drawer.....If there is time left to do anything else today aside from having dinner ready when DH gets home from work, then that's fine and dandy, but these are my main objectives for the day.

By the way, it doesn't hurt to have a list of "extras". Extras are the jobs that don't take long to complete but act as fill-ins if I have enough energy to get "one more thing done".

Hope you all are still doing your minutes too!! I have a lot of catching up to do on the boards, so will take time over my morning coffee to see what you all have been up to! Thanks for your encouragement! Without you, I would have given up a long time ago=)

ALSO, since I posted last my sister, best friend and I have decided to start a little club here locally. So far we are the only members (LOL..go figure!), but we are very particular as to who joins for our 1-2 night per month "meetings". Our objective---LET OUR HAIR DOWN AND HAVE FUN, enjoy each other's company and give ourselves a break of routine (girl's night out so to speak). We are all in similar situations-----overweight, back probs, smoking addiction, low self esteem and lack of organizational skills, HOWEVER, we have all recognized the need to change! Each one of us possess different talents which in turn will help the other stay focused. We are planning occasional out of town trips as well as things we can do together that will help us meet our goals (weight loss, exercise, etc.). We'd like to share in creative ideas to benefit charities AND will be help to each other in organizing our homes. Everything from recipe exchanges, to the actual sharing in cleaning and organization! We are all looking so forward to getting this started and kicking it into gear. So for those wondering what I've been up to and whether or not I'm still on target, the answer is YES!!!! This whole cleaning thing has been infectious----I now have two friends and my sister doing their "minutes" each day and reminding me to do mine...LOL! Funny when you think about it=) Thank you guys/gals!!!! I'll try to do a better job at keeping everyone posted on what's going on around here. Wish us luck on the 13th!! I know you do=)

Comments (12)