SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbsim1

Wamhomecenter: A+ Faucet direct/aj madison: D-

gbsim1
14 years ago

Selected my granite and then had to rush to get the sink for our kitchen "refresh". Granite people wanted to get started asap. Decided to go with the same Elkay Triple ELUH4020 that we've had for almost 25 years mainly because the cabinets below and triple window above were originally built to go with it and I couldn't find anything I liked better. Creature of habit I guess! Undermount this time though.

1. AJ Madison was having a huge sale for 1 day on the Elkay (and a few other things).... 20% off if I remember. The sink came to $775.00 including shipping. They showed it in stock. I ordered and promptly received a confirmation and even a tracking number. A day or two later, I decided to check the tracking number which I thought meant there was something to track... silly me! Up popped a message that my item was still "processing".

I called AJMadison and was told that the sink would ship in 2-3 weeks. I cancelled the order.

2. Got online and did some price comparisons again. A smattering of places had the sink for the mid to high 900's, most had it for 1,100 and up and WAMHomecenter had it for 786.00 counting shipping. Faucet Direct price was $1169.00.... almost $400 difference.

3. I ordered quite a few items from Faucet Direct when we did our MBath reno and was happy with the service etc. I read their price match guarantee on the internet and was satisfied that the sink from WAMHomecenter (who I had never used before) would qualify for their 110% price match. I had called WAM and was told that they had 7 available and ready for shipment.

4. The FaucetDirect price match steers you toward ordering and then submitting your price match which they then credit to your account later. I decided that I'd see if I could just receive the lower price from the get-go and thank goodness that I did. After spending some time on the phone with a FD representative, they decided that they just couldn't match the price (remember it was a 400 difference and with the extra 10% would have been almost $500). I made it clear that I wanted to do business with them since I had in the past and wasn't even expecting the extra 10%.... just wanted to use a company that I knew. ....

Though the rep waffled about how they couldn't really verify that WAM actually had the sink available by looking on the website and couldn't call them to talk to a representative, ultimately they invoked the clause that you'll find way at the bottom of the page about the price match: " Improvement Direct, Inc. reserves the right to determine whether competitors' products and/or prices reflect a true and fair comparision"

They refused to honor the price match and they offered me the sink for $900+... around 950 if I remember correctly. I declined, crossed my fingers and ordered from WAM. Sink was 701.00 plus 85 for shipping. The sink was shipped next day and arrived at my house in the country 1,200 miles away on Day 4. Came direct from Elkay and arrived in perfect shape.

Score one for WAM! Faucet Direct and AJ Madison went down a notch in my book!

Lesson learned.... a tracking number doesn't mean there is anything to track and verify your price match before ordering!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz