SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xantippe_gw

Ten O'Clock Rule

xantippe
15 years ago

My husband is really into the website lifehacker.com, and he sent me a link to a super interesting article. I've posted it below.

Whether you wake up every morning in an anxiety-driven frenzy or a sleep-deprived stupor, weblog LifeClever suggests de-stressing your mornings and getting more done by setting your watch to beep every night at 10 o'clock (or whatever time works for you), then getting started preparing for tomorrow. That means tackling everything from planning your breakfast and grinding your coffee beans to laying out your clothes and eying your calendar for important events the next day.

There are two main benefits to the 10 O'Clock rule. First, you're much more likely to take care of those end-of-night chores that sometimes get skipped, from washing the dishes to flossing, because you're tackling them before you've completely run out of steam. Second, you'll be much more likely to wake up on time, and have a pleasant morning.

I kind of already do the "ten o'clock" rule, except that I do it at about eight, before I settle down to read or watch a movie. I finish the dishes, brush my teeth, and put on my pajamas. That way I can really relax properly. Do any of you do any version of the "ten o'clock" rule?

If you want to see the article, and the resulting comments from readers, here's the link:

http://lifehacker.com/361414/increase-your-morning-productivity-with-the-10-oclock-rule

Comments (13)