SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgopp

Anyone else have a terrible time with Viking customer service?

jgopp
13 years ago

My hood went up about a month ago, the filters that came with it don't fit at all, and the box that came with it says "filters, spacers, and instructions" but it only came with filters nothing else. I bought the thing brand new from a local viking dealer. Supposedly the dealer said the sizes of the filters are correct and they don't know what "spacers" are. It would need something in-between the back end of the filter and the mounting strip (if that makes sense).

Unfortunately the dealer that I use is not the local distributor. There is another company who deals with local customer service issues. I have called them multiple times, left at least 3 messages with their service department, as well as spoke to the parts guy who says I might need to buy new filters to make it fit (isn't this thing still under warranty?!) I didn't spend all that money to have to buy more stuff for it just because they didn't package it right.

I have called Viking a few times and they have always directed me to this distributor saying they are the ones that need to fix the problems. I haven't been able to get a solid answer off the Viking technical service line either. My builder and installer have talked to them for a few minutes and they always say "we can't take care of the issue from here, you need to call the local distributor". The problem is not going to fix itself and I've told Viking that the local people don't return my calls.

Sorry for the huge rant here but I feel like I can't be the only one who has had problems. I feel like I'm getting the run around on this issue and that Viking doesn't seem to care that their product came incomplete, or that their distributor doesn't care about their customers. Anyone have advice for me?

Comments (4)