SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisepomeroy

New to list and need support

lisepomeroy
16 years ago

Here are the facts and maybe this is an old story that has been told many times before. I just need someone to understand and to offer support.

Married 30 years. 2 grown sons, students, not quite moved out. Too many hobbies! (mechanics, renovations, model airplanes) We live in the country and have too much space. A huge basement, garage, and workshop. They don't throw stuff out. Renovations to this 125 year old farmhouse are taking too long. We moved in 5 years ago. The kitchen is fantastic, but little things aren't finished. We have a dumpster out front because DH is putting in a new bathroom. That reno started last March. Dumpster has been here for 2 months because the old bathroom has to come out. (change in bathroom location). I am so tired of living in a half done house. Tools in every room. Projects started. Reno dust on everything. I have already filled the dumpster once with stuff, to show that I am serious about cleaning out. I would like to feel that we be ready to move if we had to. When we moved here and didn't do a purge or sort because we didn't have time. We both work long hours at our careers and my husband enjoys renovating to relax. It has the opposite affect on me. I also travel a lot so I don't complain too often, because I can escape. I have asked that everything be finished by spring "or else." I am trying to do my bit, like painting, cleaning up after him, organizing the tools, but I just want to put my head down on the desk and cry. It just feels hopeless right now. I bought a label maker - maybe that will cheer me up. Okay, I need a marriage counselor, not new pair of rubber gloves. Help!!! Tell me there is hope.

Comments (13)