SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxiel_gw

Voice memo alternative

RoxieL
15 years ago

Since I rely so much upon my PDA & computer as an organizing tool (I'm trying to go as paperless as possible), I'm a big proponent of using voice memos when driving or when it's just easier than keying it into my PDA (IE in the sunlight, when my PDA is difficult to read.) I've used the voice memo function on my cell phone for this (but it doesn't hold much time) and I have a voice recorder that I also use. But one tool I've recently fallen in love with is Jott.com - you can use a phone to leave a voice memo for yourself & Jott will translate it to text. You can elect to receive email notifications, too. So when you return home, you can go to Jott.com, sign in & there will be your memo in the text version. The conversion to text is pretty good, but not flawless and in case it converted it incorrectly, you can also click a button & play the actual audio you recorded.

For me, this means, I'm no longer limited to the small amount of space my phone allows and I don't have to tote the audio recorded with me, either. I have the Jott number on speed dial & it only takes a few seconds. There are different levels of service, but I use the free one, which allows you unlimited voice-to-text notes (maximum of 15 seconds per note.)

Comments (5)