SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

My3dogs - please help with curtains

2ajsmama
14 years ago

Thanks for the backtab link - I've been doing some searching too, b/c the fabric is striped maybe I'll have to play with tab spacing. The fabric is 60" wide and I want to keep it wide so figured 58-59" (minimal side seams), I currently have it hung with only 7 clips and I don't think it looks bad with e full "pleats" since some of the stripes are very wide. So would I use 7 tabs, or should I throw in a few more?

I *still* haven't figured out how to blindstitch with my machine. My fabric isn't too heavy (I still have to figure out what to line it with), so shouldn't break needles like I have with denim and corduroy (DH's pants that I hemmed but couldn't blindstitch!). I have plenty of needles in any case.

If you sew the tabs onto the top before you fold it over for the "rod pocket" then you wouldn't see the stitches, and the side seams (esp. the one near the bracket if I put the last tab over the bracket instead of the rod) won't show much since they're sort of folded back toward the wall, but the bottom hem would show. If I can't figure out how to blind stitch can I hot-glue the bottom hem or would I risk having glue stain the fabric?

Comments (12)